Monday, May 25, 2015

Musing Mondays - Burn, Rewrite or Reread

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! This is when we speak about bookish rants or issues, among other things.

For this week's topic, I am doing a Burn, Rewrite, or Reread tag. I originally got this tag from Shannon at It Starts At Midnight.

The rules are simple. There are three rounds. I use a random number generator applied to my Goodreads "read" shelf for three books. Then I decide what option I choose for those three: burn, rewrite, or reread. 
Round One

BurnFifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades #3) by E.L. James - Ugh, I am still not sure why I even finished this series. Maybe it was just to see how it ended? So many issues with this one.

Rewrite: Twilight (Twilight #1) by Stephanie Meyer - Sigh. My rewrite would mean this series would have ended with this book. Maybe even after the first chapter. Bella realizes that being a vampire is not sexy and she is not actually in love with Edward. It's just lust, for crying out loud.

Reread: Poison Study (Study #1) by Maria V. Snyder -  I am actually planning on rereading this one soon! I haven't read it in over a year, but I really enjoyed it. I want to reread it before I read the sequel.

Round Two
Burn: Frozen (Taken #2) by Erin Bowman - Now I didn't really hate this one, but I have to pick one of them for this category, right? I was just not a fan of this series as a whole. I kept reading just to know how everything ended. That is a real sickness with me.

Rewrite: The Last Letter from your Lover by Jojo Moyes - Argh, this one was so hard!! I loved this one. Seriously, Jojo Moyes knows how to write historical fiction. I guess I would just rewrite the ending a little bit. It was kind of bittersweet. It's hard not to give away spoilers, but there isn't too much I would change. 

Reread: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - This was one of my favorite books I read last year! I would gladly reread this one.


Round Three (aka: the hardest round because I loved every single book here)

BurnChampion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu - Argh, don't hate me for this because I did love this book. But I have to put something here. Damn you, random number generator!

Rewrite: Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez - This was another tough one because I loved this book so much. It tells the story of four different slave women whose masters bring them to the same resort every year without their wives. There isn't a whole lot I would want to change with this book. It was a tough topic, but necessary.

Reread: The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolate #2) by Laura Florand - My first book of her Amour et Chocolate series and one of my favorites. The descriptions of Paris and the chocolate were amazing. And those sex scenes were hot. I would gladly reread this one.

Are there any of these choices that you agree with? Or maybe disagree?

18 comments :

  1. I love this! It is so much fun. There are some I haven't read in there but sounds like you made great choices with good reasons. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a new idea and as usual brought some new writers to my notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun game!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2015/05/musing-mondays_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've heard that Station Eleven is a good one, and since you want to reread it, now I definitely want to check it out when I have the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you should Breana. It was so good!

      Delete
  5. Oh this is such a fun game! I agree with many of your choices too :) Have a lovely week,Cynthia! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Station Eleven but have yet to read it. I do agree with your other choices, even the tough ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kwizgiver! I hope you get to Station Eleven soon. It was a great read.

      Delete
  7. This is an interesting concept! I might have to borrow it one of these days. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And even more books to add to the endless TBR... Haha. Wench sounds so intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks Karen! Wench was a really good one. Highly recommended!

      Delete
  9. I had the same evil number generator problems myself! Grr, generator! I totally agree with Fifty Shades. I think I read the 3rd one for the same reason, because I still held out the slightest, tiniest hope that it would end semi-decently, but I was pretty stupid for thinking that! Also, I really need to read Station Eleven! I should have grabbed it when it was on a Kindle daily deal, and now I am mad at myself. Fun list!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! Yes, you need to read Station Eleven!! It was so good!! Hope you get to it soon.

      Delete