Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Finds

Friday Finds is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm, where we show off books we recently added to our TBR list or books we recently purchased, borrowed, etc.

So many finds this week!

First, I got approved for two ARCs from NetGalley:
A Whole New World by Liz Braswell - A retelling of Aladdin, where Jafar is actually the one who finds the genie!
The Fixer  by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - Basically the TV show Scandal (a minor obsession of mine), but set in high school.

Second, I won quite a few of ebooks in a Facebook giveaway. Really, I didn't even realize I would get so many. There were several fiction books, as well as nonfiction. There were several that I probably won't read. But there were several others that I am looking forward to!
Yes, Please by Amy Poehler
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
Still Alice by Lisa Genova
Unbroken by Laura Hildenbrand
Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline

What books have you acquired this week?

18 comments :

  1. You won some seriously great books. Yes Please was awesome - I love her and she was so funny. I am a huge Liane Moriarty fan and the Husbands secret was really good. I just finished Still Alice and flew through it. Unbroken was an amazing story but took me a bit to get through - Hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I absolutely love Amy Poehler so I am excited to read her autobiography. And I love Lisa Genova and Liane Moriarty. Excited to read some more of their other books.

      Delete
  2. You had a great week with winnings! I've read The Husband's Secret and Still Alice, highly recommended. I do want to read The Nightingale, and Unbroken is on my kindle, yet unread because I will have to be in the right mood to read that one.
    Fun week for you ahead-- and A Whole New World looks like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rita! I can see that about Unbroken. Even though I have heard great things, it may take me a while to be in the mood to read that one.

      Delete
  3. Oh awesome, congrats on winning so many books! Your ARCs look intriguing too - I love retellings, and I didn't really get into Scandal after the pilot episode, but I did think the premise was fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, somebody has been lucky! Enjoy :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Ramona, this was a very lucky week for me.

      Delete
  5. Wow, I'm envious that you've added so many GREAT sounding books!! Everyone is raving about Yes, Please, so I now want to read it. The Husband's Secret is on my reading wishlist. And now, you have me wanting to read A Whole New World!!

    Here's a link to my Friday Finds for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/friday-finds-81.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read A Whole New World, but didn't enjoy it. I mean... it was ''okay'' but the last 100 pages seriously dragged. Loved the beginning though! Also, I have The Fixer too. Hope we both love it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lola! Oh I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the end of A Whole New World. Hopefully I will enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm empty…*cries* Will you share your books with me? hehe *Puppy eyes*

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was desperately hoping to get approved for A Whole New World, but it was a no go :/ I'm curious to see what you think of it! :)

    Claudia @ My Soul Called Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so sorry you weren't approved Claudia! I can't wait to read it. I hope it lives up to some of its hype.

      Delete
  9. The Husband's Secret looks good. I have The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah on my wishlist .I am thinking audio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet The Nightingale would be great on audio. I love Kristin Hannah!

      Delete