Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Characters I am Obsessed With!


This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. They feature a different top ten list every week. This week's topic is top ten characters I would like to check in with . . . also known as the characters I am most obsessed with!

1. Eleanor and Park from Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
  
The ending for this one was kind of open ended so I would love to know what happened with them. In my mind, as soon as they got older they married each other and lived happily ever after. They were the sweetest couple ever. 

2. Offred from The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

I had NO clue what happened at the end of this book. Was she caught? Did she escape? Ahhh . . . I need to know!

3. Katie from Inside The O'Briens by Lisa Genova

I loved this book so much. The ending was a bit open ended. I would love to know what happened with her story.


4. Laney from Black Iris by Leah Raeder

Laney is hands down one of the most interesting and intoxicating characters I have seen in a long, long time. How could I ever create a character that complex in my own book?? I would love to check in with her. 

5. Nastya from Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

This is still one of my favorite books ever. Beautiful writing and complex characters. I do need to reread this one. I would love to see how she turned out, giving everything she had been through.

6. Hazel from The Fault In Our Stars

Yes, I know she had a disease that was killing her so I can imagine what happened with her. But her story wasn't done yet! 

7. Pearl from Seed by Lisa Heathfield

Yet another book I enjoyed with an open-ended ending. Why do they do this to me?? Ha. I actually liked Pearl. She was naive and endearing and I would love to know more about what happened with her.


8. Every single character from The Wayward Pines trilogy by Blake Crouch

Anyone reading this who is a fan of dystopian or science fiction: if you haven't read this series, you are MISSING OUT!! The last book was so fast paced that I actually had to sit it down for a few minutes because my heart was pounding so fast. Talk about a roller coaster. The ending wasn't a cliffhanger per se, but it was a bit open ended. I want to check back in with them! Oh, and for anyone interested: there is a TV show based on this series coming out on Fox starring Matt Dillon! It starts May 14!!

9. Amy and Nick from Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I am sure everyone knows the ending of Gone Girl by now. If you don't, please look away because spoilers! I really want to know if they are still married, if they have killed each other, or just how screwed up their child is.


10. Dave from Dismember by Daniel Pyle

Now when I say this is the scariest book I have ever read, I am NOT kidding. I am so glad I read it in daylight. Unfortunately, it ended on a total cliffhanger. D'oh! I was hoping the author would come out with a sequel, but no dice.







Have you read any of these books? What characters would you like to check in with?

38 comments :

  1. Eleanor & Park! I would love to find out what happened to them next. I also would be intrigued to know how Amy and Nick were getting on... Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe an alternative ending for some of these like Fault? Why not?!

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Deb, an alternate ending to TFIOS would be awesome. I hated what happened with Augustus.

      Delete
  3. Oh that ending from Eleanor & Park. I would like to know what happened after, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right Joyous Reads? It was way too open ended for me.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read many of the books on your list but i have read TFIOS and i couldn't agree more with your choice of Hazel! i felt like we could get another whole book out of where her life ended up! great post this week!
    here's mine!
    http://www.wholly-books.com/2015/04/top-ten-tuesday-86_7.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Emily. I would love a sequel with her in it!

      Delete
  5. I teared up a little when I saw hazel on your list
    MY TOP TEN TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. I would love to know what happened with her, other than maybe the obvious.

      Delete
  6. Offred is a great choice! I can't believe I forgot her! I would love to know what happens to her and the entire world after the end of the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right Mallory? That ending was crazy open ended. It drove me crazy!

      Delete
  7. I love The Handmaid's Tale. Ambiguous endings aren't usually my jelly, but I was okay with it in this book. That said, if Ms. Atwood ever reveals more about Offred's fate, I AM SO THERE.

    Also, Hazel. Yes yes yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bookmark Dragon. Like you, I don't necessarily hate an ambiguous ending. That ending did not prevent the book from becoming one of my all time favorites. But man, I would love to know what happened with her.

      Delete
  8. I know about 80% of those characters and I love them dearly as well. Nice list! I didn't know about the Wayward Pines coming out as a TV series, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Ramona. I am so excited about that TV show. I loved that series!

      Delete
  9. Hazel almost made my list, your right her story wasn't over yet! Nastya is also an amazing pick I can't believe I didn't think of her, with all she's gone though it would be awesome to see how she turns out. And Eleanor and Park, I loved the ending of the book because it killed me inside(haha) but I want more of their love story, they have to end up together and I want proof that they do!

    Great list, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shay! I had to include Nastya because that is one of my favorite books and I HATED her story to end! I just wanted to keep going.

      Delete
  10. I never thought about it but yeah, I'd like to see what happened to Eleanor and Park afterwards, if they reconnected, if they're happy and stable as adults...

    Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are probably my favorite OTP ever so I need to know what happens to them.

      Delete
  11. Good ones! I was thinking about Offred after I already finished my list. I'd love to know what happened next in her life. I'd really like to know more about Nastya's life too, and you're so right about Hazel! Even though she has a terminal illness, she wasn't done living yet. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! So many great characters . . . I wish there could be sequels to some of these books. :)

      Delete
  12. Great list! It would be SO hard for me to read more about Hazel, but I totally would. I love that girl.
    Eleanor and Park - yes!!! I forgot about them. That ending was too open for me!
    I reeeally want more from the Sea of Tranquility gang... a Drew short story would be the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! Oh yes, I love Drew. A short story featuring him would be awesome.

      Delete
  13. Oooh very nice list! Yes to Hazel, of course! Also, you totally just helped me decide that I am never reading Gone Girl, so I looked at the spoiler ;)

    And did you just add to my TBR with a dystopian series?! I think you did.
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, I am so happy to add to your TBR list. You have added plenty of books to mine so it is only fair to return the favor. ;)

      Delete
  14. I was making my list and I could not remember the ending of the Handmaid's Tale even though I wanted to add it! I love your list though! Katie was my main one I wanted to know more about in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jenna. I just read The Handmaid's Tale last year so the ending was a little fresher in my head. It was so open-ended.

      Delete
  15. LOL. I have not read ONE of these. How does that happen? I do have Black Iris on my wishlist though, and I'll definitely look into the other ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Jessica, you must read these books! Black Iris is one of my favorites, so I hope you get to that one soon. :)

      Delete
  16. I've never heard of The Wayward Pines series, but it sounds like something I would like. I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Oh I really hope you read (and enjoy) The Wayward Pines series. It is one of my favorites!

      Delete
  17. Oh my gosh, while I know that the meeting may be overwhelmingly sad, I would be curious to check in on Hazel Grace; gah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are so right Claudia! But in the book, I think she mentioned that she lived longer than the doctors thought she would. So in my head, she continued to live despite the doctors and she managed to survive until a miraculous cure was found. Haha. But even if that were not the case, I would still love to know what happened with her.

      Delete
  18. Oh man, I totally agree about Offred - what the hell happened at the end? SO frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really was!! I swear, she needs to write a sequel!

      Delete
  19. Ooh great list of characters. I'd like to see how Hazel is doing too, I bet she's still out there being awesome even while sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I totally agree. I bet she lived for years and years and had all sorts of adventures. :)

      Delete