Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Teaser Tuesday


Welcome to Teaser Tuesday! This is a weekly book meme hosted by Miz B of Should be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Today's tease comes from Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.
Here is my teaser: 
"The memory of that childhood afternoon had sustained me for years; it was as if -- sick with loneliness for my mother -- I'd imprinted on her like some orphaned animal; when in fact, joke on me, she'd been doped up and knocked lamb-daffy from a head injury ready to throw her arms around the first stranger who'd walked in."


Does that make you want to read more?

20 comments :

  1. My husband read this one and said it is very good. Hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser Cynthia.This is one I would like to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kimbacaffeinate! It is a really good book. I can see why it won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. :)

      Delete
  3. Great choice for your teaser. This comes highly recommended!
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/11/25/teaser-tuesdays-89-rehab-is-for-witches/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been hearing such good things about this one! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE NIGHTINGALE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have a great teaser as well. I already have that one on my TBR list. :)

      Delete
  5. Great teaser! My husband just started reading my copy of The Goldfinch -- so if he likes it, I'm next! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope he likes it. I am sure you will. It's a pretty great book.

      Delete
  6. "Lamb-daffy" is a term I'm never heard. LOVE it!
    My Tuesday post features RAINSHADOW ROAD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that is pretty great writing right there. I love the term also. The writing is pretty awesome all the way around in this book.

      Delete
  7. This is an excellent teaser! It's definitely got my attention; I particularly like the style of writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is great Claudia. I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  8. I've heard so many mixed things about this book I don't know what to think. I hope you are enjoying it. The teaser was great. Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2014/11/teaser-tuesday-nov-25.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Heidi. I have seen a lot of reviews and people either love it or hate it. I am glad I decided to go for it because I am really enjoying it. It is just very long for such a heavy book.

      Delete
  9. Nice teaser, I've heard a lot about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to read this one. Thanks for sharing the teaser. Mine is from Solomon's Whisper by Sandra Brannan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome teaser! I have this one sitting on my shelf. It sounds amazing though I'll admit I'm a bit intimidated by the size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Anna, Sometimes I am intimidated by large books as well. But even though some parts are a little dry, the book was really good!

      Delete